We Are Excited to Announce the Second Annual Texas Shootout !!!
Tripoli North Texas is excited to host the second annual all Texas Tripoli launch at our field in Seymour, TX. While the main focus of this launch is to unite all of the Texas clubs, registration is open to any rocketeer, regardless of location, that would like to attend!!.
This will be a 3 day launch over the Memorial day weekend. May 28th, 29th, and 30th.
We have made some enhancements to the registration process so please read the information below and on the web page that is dedicated to the Seymour field.
The following guidelines will apply for The Texas Shootout:
1. Advanced Online Pre-Registration for this event is required!! You can register online by using the registration button on the calendar event to complete the process.
2. The launch will be conducted on land owned by a private individual and will require all fliers to sign a liability waiver to participate. Agreement to this waiver will be included in the online registration process.
3. To participate in this launch - you must be a registered national member of TRA or NAR with a currently active status. Please be prepared to present your membership card when you check in at the field.
4. As this is a 3 day launch, the launch fees will be:
Low Power: $ 0.00
Students Members: $15.00
TNT Club Members: $40.00
Non TNT Members: $40.00
Note: There is also a small PayPal fee applied at registration.
5. "Porta Potties" will be provided on site.
Please see the attached weblink for all the details on the launch site location, altitude waiver, and the lodging accommodations in the surrounding area.
Friday the 27th Afternoon - Volunteers are appreciated!!
Saturday the 28th: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Sunday the 29th: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Monday the 30th: 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
There will be a catered dinner on Saturday the 28th. The dinner will be an amazing buffet of food prepared by Craig Peters. The meal will include Steaks, Ribs, Chicken, and Sausage as well as a variety of sides. Craig has cooked for us previously in Seymore and his food is fantastic. This is a meal that you don't want to miss. The dinner will be hosted at the field and will begin around 6:00pm. The cost of the dinner will be $25.00 and it is BYOB.
Important Note: You do not have to be a registered flier at the launch to attend the dinner - but advanced registration for the dinner is still required because we need an accurate count of how many people we will be cooking for.
If you plan on attending the dinner but not launching - please complete the registration in advance.
Restrictions: Sparky motors are dependent on field conditions. The launch director will make a determination before the launch if they will be allowed.
If you plan on flying anything larger than an M motor, please contact us in advance. We welcome large flights but would like the opportunity to review your flight plan in advance of the launch.
Camping on site is permitted - No open fires are allowed
As Always - Donations are appreciated to cover the cost of the Porta-a-Potty ($200 Rental Fee)
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.
We are looking forward to continuing a great launch season with you all !!!
Tripoli North Texas (TNT)
TRA 11901 L3